Arik Baine – Sentinel
Battle Globe: Red (Fire)
Description: Leader, strong silent type, and fiercely loyal.
Friends don’t think of each other the way I think of you. As it is, I can’t sleep at night worrying about you being here. The danger you face.~ Arik Baine, Thief of Lies
Who doesn’t love a swoon-worthy hero? We stay up late at night reading about their deliciousness, talking about them with our reader friends, and they keep us going back to our favorite stories. Today, I’m here to give you the top ten reasons I think Arik Baine from Thief of Lies is swoon-worthy. I hope you agree!
- He’s easy on the eyes … The first thing we notice about someone is their looks. Arik has dark hair and deep brown eyes. He’s athletic. He has to be since he’s a Sentinel and fights unfathomable creatures.
- His accent …I don’t know about you, but for some reason when I guy speaks in a sexy accent, his hotness goes up several notches for me. Per Gia, He’d quoted a verse from The Secret Garden with a sexy accent that tickled my ears.
- Humor …I love me some humor in the guys I’m attracted to. Arik is all business most times, but every so often, he lets down his guard and we get a glimpse of his hidden playfulness. Here’s a hint of it when he says after they fell in the mud, You need to get dry, he said, a hint of amusement lingering in his voice. Moreover, your entire backside is caked in mud.
- Good kisser …Um, yeah. What can I say? He has a gentle, passionate kiss.
- Strength …He doesn’t hesitate, rushing into battle with fierce determination.
- Leader …Seriously? Who doesn’t lovean authoritative, take-charge guy? He’s all that and he cares about those under his watch.
- Protective …He would do anything to protect those who can’t defend themselves. He immediately takes charge of making sure Gia is safe.
- Badass …He can manipulate his globe like no other Sentinel and he’s a fierce fighter with amazing sword handling skills.
- Gentle …I mentioned this in the way he kisses, but it goes deeper than that. He’s sincere and kind to everyone.
- Loyal …He’s trustworthy and always there for those he cares about. He will never waver when someone needs him.
Note from MRS N: I, for one, can’t wait to read this book!
Title: Thief of Lies (Library Jumpers, #1)
Release date: 1/5/16
Author: Brenda Drake
About the book:
Gia Kearns would rather fight with boys than kiss them. That is, until Arik, a leather clad hottie in the Boston Athenaeum, suddenly disappears. While examining the book of world libraries he abandoned, Gia unwittingly speaks the key that sucks her and her friends into a photograph and transports them into a Paris library, where Arik and his Sentinels—magical knights charged with protecting humans from the creatures traveling across the gateway books—rescue them from a demonic hound.
Jumping into some of the world’s most beautiful libraries would be a dream come true for Gia, if she weren’t busy resisting her heart or dodging an exiled wizard seeking revenge on both the Mystik and human worlds. Add a French flirt obsessed with Arik and a fling with a young wizard, and Gia must choose between her heart and her head, between Arik’s world and her own, before both are destroyed.
The Book Depository: http://www.bookdepository.com/Thief-Lies-Brenda-Drake/9781633752214
Brenda Drake, the youngest of three children, grew up an Air Force brat and the continual new kid at school. Her fondest memories growing up is of her eccentric, Irish grandmother’s animated tales, which gave her a strong love for storytelling. So it was only fitting that she would choose to write stories with a bend toward the fantastical. When Brenda’s not writing or doing the social media thing, she’s haunting libraries, bookstores, and coffee shops or reading someplace quiet and not at all exotic (much to her disappointment).
Grand Prize of the Kindle Fire 7” Display Wifi 8GB + Coffee Table Book that inspired the Library Jumpers series, THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LIBRARIES IN THE WORLD + Swag Pack (US/Canada)
$50 Amazon Gift Card (INT)
Countdown widget: http://chemicalscream.net/entangled-countdowns/#library