We’re nearing the end of the 2016 and my thoughts turn to goals. I peeked at the goals I made back in January and for the most part, I’m fairly successful. Here’s my goals for 2016:
- Build our author promotions business and gain twice as many clients as we had in 2015.
- Love each other more than we did in 2015
- Eat more chocolate
- Pay down our consumer debt by increasing our payments
- Donate more to our local food bank than we did in 2015
- Have fun and enjoy each and every day
One other goal I had was to move up in Amazon Reviewer Rankings. I started the year over 200,000 and am proud to say I’ve moved up to just above 22,000. Sure, my original goal was to make it to being a top 1000 reviewer for Amazon.
Do I feel like a failure? No way! I just had to adjust my plan.
My goal is still the same: get to be a top 1000 reviewer on Amazon; my path getting there may take awhile longer than expected.
Has your plan to reaching your goal(s) taken a u-turn?
Don’t get discouraged. You might just have to change your plan and approach your goal(s) from a different angle. Change the plan, not the goal.