How’s your yearly goals (New Year’s resolutions) going?
We’re five months into 2017 and I’m gaining ground on each of my goals. Here’s a recap of my 2017 goals:
– I resolve to panic less. This is something I continue to work on. Stress tends to kick my butt and I move quickly to panic. I know, I know, I should really take my own advice. lol!
– I resolve to exercise four times a week.
– I resolve to pamper my body/skin. My body does the best it can and the older I get, the more I need to take care of it.
– I resolve to snuggle/kiss MR N lots. This is a fun one and something we’re both interested in. lol!
– I resolve to increase our author promotions business by 25%.
– I resolve to write four times a week. My muse is kicking my butt and threatening a hunger strike if I don’t start writing again. Time to get back to writing.
– I resolve to leapfrog Amazon Rankings in 2017.
– I resolve to publish an Inspirational Thought book.
So, how am I doing? I’m surpassing all my personal goals with ease. It was a challenge in February to not panic due to the tax bill but MR N helped me in that area. He was the calm in the storm and I clung to him.
As far as professional goals, here’s an update:
– As of today, we’ve increased our author promotion business by 20%. I’m working really hard to expand our clientele and get the word out.
– I’ve been writing at least three times a week. When I was sick with that bad virus, I didn’t have the energy to write. I’m healthy once again so I am back to writing. Princess of the Light 2 is coming along nicely. I’m also writing my inspirational thought book.
– Part of our business model is to increase our reputation as book reviewers and so my goal of leapfrogging the Amazon Rankings was a no-brainer. Over the past five months, I’ve worked hard to climb the Amazon Rankings. I’m thrilled with the results. As a happy bonus, we’re also climbing the Goodreads Rankings. My goal is within reach and I couldn’t be more proud.
– I’ve been writing inspirational thoughts on this blog for several years and it’s time to publish it. I’m collecting and organizing the thoughts and I’m hopeful for a September release.
So, here’s the big question for you to think over today:
How’s your yearly goals coming along? Have you already reached it or are barely started?
It’s all good, either way. If you’ve already reached your yearly goals, create new ones. The journey to success, like the quote says above, is to constantly create greater goals. It stretches you as a person and you’ll be amazed by the results.
If you haven’t started on your goals yet, it’s not to late to get going. It’s only May and you’ve got seven months to go. Look over your goals and recommit yourself.
The secret to success is easier than you think. By challenging yourself with greater goals, you’re on your way to immense success. I never thought I’d be where I am today but by goal-setting and persevering, I’m successful. If I can do it, so can you!
How’s your yearly goals doing? Share in the comments below and let’s keep each other accountable!